A Texas man is suing a major beer company after allegedly finding a rat floating in his tall boy. According to NBC 5, Marco Antonio Navarro claims he purchased a 24-ounce can of Steel Reserve — the preferred beer of budget-conscious frat boys everywhere — from a 7-Eleven in the city of Irving two years ago. The lawsuit notes that shortly after he began drinking out of the can Navarro "realized, to his horror, that he had been drinking beer with a dead rat marinating in it."
Navarro is seeking $300,000 from MillerCoors and 7-Eleven. He alleges he has suffered from "abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, allergies, and back pain, amongst other pain and injuries" following the incident, leading him to seek "reasonable and necessary medical treatment that resulted in substantial medical bills." NBC 5 says Navarro also "sought the counsel of a therapist after reporting having trouble eating, drinking and maintaining personal relationships." MillerCoors said in a statement, "While we take all customer claims seriously, we do not believe there is any merit to the lawsuit."
What's worse: Finding a dead rat in your beer or being served a battered and fried one? A California man recently claimed he encountered the latter at a KFC, though that story appears to have been a hoax.