JBFA Through the Years 1991-2001
A look through Melanie Young's photo archives.
- The ticket for the first-ever James Beard Awards, on May 6, 1991.
- The reception menu in 1991, featuring dishes by future winners Nancy Silverton, Charlie Trotter, and Alfred Portale.
- Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Chuck Williams (Williams-Sonoma) with chef Jeremiah Tower, in 1995.
- NYC restaurateur Drew Nieporent and chef Bobby Flay, presenting in 1998.
- Chefs Michael Mina and Julia Child, in 1998.
- Tom Colicchio in 2000, with his award for Best Chef: New York.
- The late chef Charlie Trotter, presenting in 2000.
- Actor/JBA host Paul Sorvino, in the kitchen in Lidia Bastianich and Mario Batali, 2000.
- Tom Colicchio, chef Michael Romano, and actor Henry Winkler in 2001.