Gracias Madre Matcha Cocktail Photos
- Eisner pours two ounces of the 123 Tequila Blanco.
- The organic tequila has stone and tropical fruits on the palate like apricot and pineapple, plus "actual agave flavors." The finish is clean with just a kick of peppery spice.
- Next Eisner pours four ounces of his pre-made matcha "latte" mixture. Housemade coconut milk and housemade almond milk give the mixture a velvety mouthfeel.
- The matcha mixture also has toasted sesame-infused agave nectar, which Eisner makes by steeping a teabag full of toasted seeds into agave. The mixture is also cut with alkaline water.
- Next Eisner adds just a few dashes of housemade lime bitters. The bitters are made from lime zest, anise, vanilla bean, and cardamom.
- Eisner shakes the drink to combine the tequila and the matcha mixture.
- Eisner uses organic tapioca flour and water to make the pearls. After boiling the pearls, he cures them in a syrup made from dehydrated edamame, adding another savory and earthy flavor to the cocktail.
- Eisner pours the tequila and matcha mixture over the tapioca pearls.
- Next he adds ice to the drink.
- Eisner uses a traditional, wide bubble tea straw.
- For the garnish, Eisner trims a fresh cherry blossom stem.
- Eisner was inspired by Japanese tattoos, explaining that cherry blossoms symbolize the beauty and brevity of life.