While the public nominations for Eater Young Guns have closed, the process of choosing the next class of up-and-comers in the industry is just beginning. It is now time to reveal the selection committee, a group of distinguished chefs and restaurateurs who will work alongside Eater editors to pick the most promising talent in the industry.
The committee is at the heart of the Young Gun awards. These veterans from across the Eater universe will look back and recount outstanding meals, excellent service, unforgettable cocktails, and the other indelible moments that make dining and nightlife a pleasure. Then they will tell us how nominees were responsible for these details, whether through their work on the line, in the front of the house, or out in the community.
Over the next few months, this group will weigh in to determine the next class of Young Guns. Their insights will appear here on the pages Eater, until the winners are announced and feted in June. And now, please welcome the 2015 Official Young Guns Selection Committee:
· Hugh Acheson, Empire State South, Atlanta
· Cathal and Meshelle Armstrong, Restaurant Eve, Alexandria, VA
· Rick Bayless, Frontera Grill, Chicago
· Jamie Bissonnette and Ken Oringer, Toro, Boston
· Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinski, State Bird Provisions, San Francisco
· Joanne Chang, Flour Bakery, Boston
· Dominique Crenn, Atelier Crenn, San Francisco
· Mike Lata, The Ordinary, Charleston, SC
· Edward Lee, 610 Magnolia, Louisville, KY
· Bobby Stuckey, Frasca Food and Wine, Boulder, CO
· Scott Worsham and Sari Zernich Worsham, MFK Restaurant, Chicago
· Sue Zemanick, Gautreau's Restaurant, New Orleans