clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Food Poisoning

Photo: Phillip Large/Shutterstock

A Massachusetts teenager was hospitalized after a restaurant employee accidentally dusted her meal with a "powdered chemical cleaner," mistaking it for grated Parmesan. Owners of Riff's Joint call the incident a "gross human error," explaining that cleaning powder had been stored in an unmarked container. A rep from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health says that "no violation" has been cited against the restaurant. [Gazette Net]

Sign up for the Sign up for the Eater newsletter

The freshest news from the food world every day