America, you really like zombie-themed stunt hamburgers: Des Moines, Iowa's Zombie Burger + Drink Lab, which has only been open since Summer 2011, marked its one millionth burger sold milestone this past weekend. Ironically, the milestone burger was literally the simplest on the menu — a single-patty Zombie Burger — and not one of the five-pattied, funnel-cake-bunned stunt creations that earns the restaurant its internet fame (like the bratwurst burger above, which shoves barbecue potato chips — and their French onion dip — with beans in between two buns).
So with this missed-opportunity milestone in mind, here are some of Zombie Burger's weirdest creations in its short lifespan:
- This creation, inspired by the "Sweet Georgia Brown" song, features a burger patty with cornbread buns, cheddar cheese, smo
- The state fair-themed "Pennywise" burger, featuring a patty served on a funnel cake bun with a garnish of "corn dog and bac
- The Malo Burger features two chicharrones-and-cheese papusas as buns. In between them: a chorizo patty, cheese, curtido sla
- In this creation, a burger is sandwiched between two tomato-and-bacon-laden grilled cheese sandwiches.
- A Super Bowl-themed burger, featuring a patty topped with boneless Buffalo wings, a "taco dip croquette," Velveeta queso, A