clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Good Deeds

Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 6.57.20 PM.pngEarlier this month, a Lexington, Kentucky-based restaurant owner accidentally spilled a 20-gallon pot of boiling peanut sauce on himself, causing second-degree burns on over 50 percent of his body. Beloved by the community, it took neighbors and friends just 36 hours to raise $50,000 for the chef's care and to keep his restaurant, Sav's Grill & West African Cuisine, afloat. [TODAY]

Sign up for the Sign up for the Eater newsletter

The freshest news from the food world every day