The American Culinary Federation has announced the team of 11 chefs that will represent the United States during international culinary competitions like Luxembourg's 2014 Culinary World Cup and Germany's 2016 Internationale Kochkunst Ausstellung. Among the team members: The Greenbrier rounds cook (and Young Guns semifinalist) Corey Siegel, who competed on Team USA at the 2013 Bocuse d'Or, Aaron Haga, chef tournant at Colorado Springs' five-star resort the Broadmoor, and two culinary arts instructors representing Johnson & Wales and the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
The team will convene in October to start practicing for the first event on the schedule: The Culinary World Cup, in November 2014.
· Joseph Albertelli, executive chef, Westchester Country Club, Rye, N.Y.
· Brian Campbell, CEC®, CCE®, senior instructor, Johnson & Wales University, Charlotte, N.C.
· George Castaneda, executive chef, Sodexo, Franklin, Tenn.
· Shawn Culp, CEC®, culinary arts instructor, The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Bridgeville, Pa.
· Ben Grupe, sous chef, Old Warson Country Club, St. Louis
· Aaron Haga, CEC®, chef tournant, The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, Colo.
· Jason Hall, CMC®, executive chef, Hammock Dunes Club, Palm Coast, Fla.
· Adam Munroe, chef de cuisine, The Country Club, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
· Alison Murphy, executive pastry chef, The Vintage Club, Indian Wells, Calif.
· Matthew Seasock, CEC®, executive sous chef, The Fort Worth Club, Fort Worth, Texas
· Corey Siegel, rounds cook, The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, W.Va.