And now, a look at today's updates from Eater NY's Shitshow Week 2013:
Bill's Food & Drink. [Photo: Krieger/Eater NY]
· In auspicious Shitshow Week timing, Masaharu Morimoto's much-maligned restaurant Tribeca Canvas announced plans to close and re-open as a new restaurant, simply titled Canvas. Eater NY celebrated the occasion with a revisiting of some of Tribeca Canvas's best Critical Cat lines.
· Eater co-founder Ben Leventhal heads to Midtown's Bill's Food & Drink to determine whether or not the restaurant is a shitshow. Here's a hint: "the disappointments start to cascade. This isn't what a Class A operator should be doing with a place that's been a New York treasure for almost 100 years."
· Since restaurant decibel levels are a frequent complaint these days, Eater NY collected decibel data for some of the city's loudest restaurants. Among the loudest: The Breslin, Acme, The General.
· Finally, the third installment of critics' airing of grievances drops — and things are getting harsh. Among those called out by name: Paul Liebrandt, Keith McNally, the Meatball Shop, and "the total circle-jerk of the cocktail scene."
· Shitshow Week 2013 [Eater NY]
· All Shitshow Week Coverage on Eater [-E-]