People of America, prepare to get a little bit more José Andrés in your daily lives, because the Minibar/Bazaar chef has a line of foods coming out in June. (They'll also be at the Fancy Food Show this summer in New York City.) Over on the new line's website, Andrés says, "I welcome you to explore the foods of my homeland! Prepare to be astonished." Sounds good. What's so astonishing? Olive oils, sherry vinegar, olives, capers, potato chips, breads, vegetables, seafood, and paellas. It's unclear what form these will come in: box dinner kits? Frozen? Canned? All the release below says is that they are "naturally preserved." In any case, here's the press release:
JOSÉ ANDRÉS FOODS LAUNCHES NATIONALLY Renowned celebrity chef brings the best Spanish products to American market
WASHINGTON (May 1, 2013) – José Andrés Foods, a new line of products from Spain's most prestigious small producers hand-picked by Chef José Andrés, is now available in the United States. José Andrés Foods marries modern cuisine with Spanish tradition, delivering products that capture the flavor, life and passion of Spain. The brand will hit select retailers' shelves nationally this summer and will be available online at www.JoseAndresFoods.com at the end of June.
Often referred to as Spain's unofficial ambassador, Andrés is an internationally- recognized culinary innovator and James Beard Award-winning 'Outstanding Chef.' "I believe in tradition and innovation, authenticity and passion," says Andrés. "Spain is a fascinating mix of people, languages, culture and food, but if there is one thing all Spaniards share, it's a love of food and drink. My friends there are some of the finest artisans who share in this love, and I can't wait for you to try their creations."
With a portfolio that spans several categories, José Andrés Foods provides tastes of quintessential Spanish fare. Featured products include:
• Olive Oils & Vinegars: Award winning dressings - flavorful, rich and derived from the best olives and grapes Spain has to offer.
• Seafood Tapas: Fish and shellfish from the Spanish seas, carefully prepared and naturally preserved to bring fresh flavor to the table
• Tapas Party Basics: Made from the finest ingredients, crunchy olive oil potato chips and toasted breads perfect for enjoying on their own or topping with simple ingredients for easy on-the-spot tapas
• Paella Kits: Probably the most famous Spanish dish in the world, everything you need to prepare this classic dish in your own home
• Vegetable Classics: Simple, healthy preparations from vegetables harvested at their peak, prepared with respect and naturally preserved
Distributors and retailers interested in carrying José Andrés Foods can inquire about product specifications and pricing by contacting email@example.com.