Hello nerds and anglophiles, here is that unofficial Doctor Who cookbook you have been waiting for. Written by Chris-Rachael Oseland, Dining With The Doctor: The Unauthorized Whovian Cookbook is apparently the first cookbook based on the series since 1986, although the 1986 version does look pretty rad, what with the robots that serve drinks on the cover and what not.
But that was then and this is now. And now Oseland has recipes for everything from a presumably over-stuffed "Tardis Wellington" to the possibly fishy "Baked Hath Served Over Black Beans with Red and Green Cabbage Slaw."
This book (unlike perhaps the 1986 predecessor) exclusively covers the reboot, and features an entire chapter on fish fingers and custards. According to an official summary, "Put on your fez and straighten your bow tie. You own a cookbook now. Cookbooks are cool." Dining With The Doctor is out now from CreateSpace (order on Amazon).
Some Recipes From Dining With the Doctor
· Tardis Wellington
· Baked Hath Served Over Black Beans with Red and Green Cabbage Slaw
· Slitheen Eggs
· Two Streams Garden Cocktail
· Marble Cucumber Circuits with Vesuvian Fire Dipping Sauce
· Professor Yana's Gluten Neutrino Map Binder
· Kazran's Night Sky Fog Cups
· Ood Mezze Plate
· Fish Custard Tacos
· Open Faced Dalek Ironsides
· Sontaran Soldiers
· Cinnamon Pull Apart Crack in the Wall
· Pond's Wedding Punch.
Thanks to Eater special teams Doctor Who expert Lauren Whitehead.
· All Cookbook Coverage on Eater [-E-]