Here's French chef Joël Robuchon's latest project: Robuchon has partnered with Mark of Senses to create a line of home fragrances. Robuchon's empire spans three continents and 12 cities; his restaurants have earned (at last count) 24 Michelin stars, and he's been branching out: back in November it was announced that he was partnering with the Japanese Sapporo Brewery for his own line of beer.
Joël Robuchon Home Fragrances products include candles, room spray, and incense, and according to a representative, the line is "marketed in restaurants, tearooms, shops, Joël ROBUCHON, in the luxe delicatessens, in the shops of tableware, etc. " Pricing remains unclear.The website describes the product: "Curious and insatiable globe- trotter Joël ROBUCHON presents us with a unique and refined collection of fragrances, shaped by his thirst for new experiences." It is called a "unique collection developed with the master's touch." There are fives scents in total, and here are the fun descriptions:
· Chocolat Sensation
- Seduction through the simplicity of a pure grand cru chocolate. A masterful aria of intense bitter dark chocolate, lightened with soft notes of flowers and spices. Sinfully aromatic!
· Givre Menthe Thé Vert
- A subtle blend of green tea and wild mint in a most delicate fragrance. Fascinatingly fresh!
· Infiniment Vanille
- A voluptuous and exotic garden, rich with the scent of woody vanilla. A wonderful ode to vanilla in its infinite olfactory splendor.
· Paradis d'Epices
- Bewitching notes concocted from a fusion of candied citrus and caramel, lifted by just a touch of nutmeg and ginger, and mellowed out by notes of patchouli. Soft sensuality in an unforgettable scent ...
· Poivre Passion
- A daring mix of passion fruit, pink pepper and sweet paprika, infused with fruity, spicy and slightly sweet tones. An alluring contrast of strength and softness.
Robuchon isn't the first chef to launch a fragrance: El Celler de Can Roca pastry chef Jordi Roca released a perfume back in 2011, and don't forget about Pizza Hut's "Eau de Pizza Hut."