Hello, here are the top selling cookbooks of 2012. Coming in first place with a whopping 428,105 copies sold is Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Foolproof, published by Clarkson Potter. It makes sense: popular but not overexposed food celebrity publishes a collection of recipes based solely around the concept that you cannot mess them up? Yep, that's going to sell. Second was blogger Ree Drummond's The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier, which sold 267,909 copies. Drummond also took the 8th spot with her book The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl. Combined, her books sold 371,660 copies. Not too shabby.
As promised, David Venable's book In the Kitchen With David sold gonzo numbers, in part due to presales on QVC. Also of note: the tenth book on the list, Hungry Girl to the Max! by Lisa Lillien, sold 86,656 copies. That's about 20% of the numbers Garten's book pulled. In other words: there's a pretty hefty drop-off in number of books sold after the first few entries on the list. Below, the top ten.
The Top Ten Best Selling Cookbooks of 2012
1. Barefoot Contessa Foolproof by Ina Garten. Clarkson Potter. 428,105
2. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier by Ree Drummond. William Morrow. 267,909
3. In the Kitchen with David by David Venable. Ballantine. 264,953
4. Eat More of What You Love by Marlene Koch. Running Press. 132,796
5. Great Food Fast by Bob Warden. Quail Ridge Press. 122,665
6. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman. Knopf. 114,547
7. The Chew by The Hosts and Staff of ABC's The Chew. Hyperion. 109,020
8. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by Ree Drummond. William Morrow. 103,751
9. Weeknights with Giada by Giada De Laurentiis. Clarkson Potter. 95,040
10. Hungry Girl to the Max! by Lisa Lillien. St. Martin's Griffin. 86,656