Folks who obsess over sports have been obsessing this week over the revelation that NFL star Vince Young may or may not be broke but definitely needs a job — and now some servers in Nashville are alleging that a habit of spending $5,000 a week at the Cheesecake Factory might be responsible for some of that. Callers into a Nashville sports radio station regaled hosts yesterday with stories of the former Tennessee Titan reportedly spending a lot of time in their chain restaurants and dropping a serious amount of cash, including a $6,000 meal at TGI Friday's and, oh yes, $5,000 a week at Cheesecake Factory.
So, if these reports are true, the obvious next question is how in the hell does one spend that much money at Cheesecake Factory? SBNation breaks it down:
1. We'll assume eight people in a party.
2. For maximum gluttony, we will also assume the Titans ate at the Cheesecake Factory five times a week. This is far more probable than you want to admit. Most professional athletes in any city flock to large chain restaurants.
3. Five meals with eight people with a $5000 budget breaks down to $625 per person per week, or $125 a meal.
So, the hypothesis continues, perhaps Young might have purchased a lot of the most expensive Cheesecake Factory bubbly, a $90 Veuve Clicquot, or maybe he "could simply walk in and purchase a hundred cheesecakes every day, and some to go." Either way, that is a lot of cheesecake.
· Vince Young Spent 5K a Week at the Cheesecake Factory [Outkick the Coverage]
· How Vince Young Allegedly Spent $5,000 A Week At The Cheesecake Factory [SBNation]
· All Receiptrocity Coverage on Eater [-E-]