What's British chef/world saver Jamie Oliver up to these days? Other than, you know, saving the world. Lots of things:
· Running With the Olympic Torch: Oliver took the torch past his former elementary school in Essex in the pouring rain. He told the AP, "I'll run past my old school and finish at the pub where, to be honest, I'd like to be right now." (See video below.)
· Not Cheating on His Wife: Jools Oliver admits, "I'll check his email. I'll check his Twitter. I'll check his phone. Everything seems fine...He says I'm a jealous girl, but I think I'm fairly laid-back, considering." (She also mentions he braids his daughters' hair in the morning.) Jools has been in the press recently because she's promoting her Little Bird line of kids' clothes — last week she told The Sun Jamie "isn't fat."
· Definitely, Definitely Not Supporting Bullfighting: After recommending the town of Ronda, Spain on his website because it's "birthplace of modern bullfighting," Oliver got a lot of backlash from fans. Oliver reps followed up on Facebook: "Jamie does not condone bullfighting and we hope this clarifies the situation and apologise to anyone offended."
And that's your Jamie Oliver update. Below, a video of Oliver running (and dancing) with the torch.
Video: Jamie Oliver Olympic Torch Relay
· Oliver Takes Torch Past Old School [AP]
· I Check Jamie's Emails, Says Jools Oliver [Daily Mail]
· Jamie Oliver Apologises After Being Accused of Supporting Bullfighting [Daily Mail]
· All Jamie Oliver Coverage on Eater [-E-]