Tickets went on sale today for the 2012 New York City Wine & Food Festival, taking place October 11 - 14. The festival is celebrating its fifth anniversary with a slew of events that includes fan favorites (Burger Bash) and some new additions (a roast of Anthony Bourdain). Tickets tend to go fast, very fast, so do get on it as soon as you can.
Check out the complete lineup of events, but here are five highlights:
1) Blue Moon Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray, $225. It's a pricey ticket for sure, but one that comes with unlimited booze, live music, and more burgers than one can possibly consume in one night
2) S. Pellegrino’s Meatball Madness hosted by Giada De Laurentiis, $175. Many of the city's great chefs, like Michael Anthony, Jody Williams, and Missy Robbins, try their hands at meatballs.
3) A Girl and Her Pig hosted by April Bloomfield with Bill Telepan, $200. Spotted Pig chef April Bloomfield will share stories from her cookbook and prepare a dinner with New York chef Bill Telepan.
4) Bouley Alumni Dinner, $400. An intimate event in David Bouley's test kitchen that will bring together some of the chef's most notable alumni, including Anita Lo and Dan Barber, for a multi-course dinner.
5) "On The Chopping Block: A Roast of Anthony Bourdain," $400. Mario Batali will host this roast of Anthony Bourdain at Pier Sixty. Speakers have yet to be announced, but Michael White will be preparing a four-course dinner to go along with the whole deal.
Note: a dinner with Nathan Myhrvold, Alex Stupak, and Mads Refslund has already sold out.
· All NYCWFF Coverage on Eater [-E-]