Since we can't all of us hop on a plane to Japan when we're craving fine sushi, we have to settle for what we can get here in the United States. Bon Appétit has listicled their ten best new sushi restaurants in America, for which anyone who doesn't live in a major metropolitan area will pretty much have to jump on a plane anyway.
For a great "cleansing" piece of sushi per BA, try Komé in Austin, Portland's Bamboo Sushi or any of their eight other recommendations.
1. Arami - Chicago, IL.
2. Bamboo Sushi - Portland, OR.
3. Brushstroke - New York, NY
4. Komé Sushi Kitchen - Austin, TX
5. Masu Sushi & Robata - Minneapolis, MN
6. Miyake - Portland, ME
7. Shunji - Los Angeles, CA
8. Sushi Kappo Tamura - Seattle, WA
9. Tomo - Atlanta, GA
10. Uchi - Houston, TX