Here's a limited-edition holiday gift collection from Thomas Keller, assuming you have way too much money to throw around. Keller and his team unveils a curated list of "their favorite items for culinary enthusiasts and chefs at home" — sets inspired by dishes from The French Laundry, Per Se and Bouchon Bistro, plus a "gift card experience," signed cookbooks and more. Here's what they're selling:
· A $1,000 French Laundry-inspired sparkling wine & caviar gift set that includes champagne,
white sturgeon caviar, caviar spoons and a blini mix, pan and spatula.
· An $850 kit for making Per Se's black truffle risotto at home, complete with all ingredients plus an engraved truffle shaver.
· A $250 kit for making Bouchon Bistro's chocolate tart (complete with port wine and a rolling pin).
· French Laundry and Per Se gift cards that range from $250-$2,500.00 and offer "enhanced services and amenities ... ranging from welcome glasses of Champagne to supplementary courses crafted by the kitchen."
· $300 signed first-edition copies of Keller's cookbooks.
A press release describes the gift collection as "[r]anging from the practical to the extravagant, and with price points to satisfy a variety of budgets." So for the poors, there's always the latest digital-only edition Keller's magazine Finesse for $1.99. Here's the release:
UPDATE 12/10: TKRG sends word that the French Laundry champagne and caviar package has been updated from what can be found in the press release below. Now they're offering a 375ml bottle of Bollinger Special Cuvée Brut Champagne and a two-ounce serving of Petrossian Royal Kaluga Caviar, in addition to the caviar spoons and blini mix, pan and spatula.