- [Photo: Starbucks]
- [Photo: Starbucks UK / Facebook]
- [Photo: Rph_ghodnH / Instagram]
- [Photo: @xoxo_marina_ / Twitter]
- [Photo: mrsgloves / Instagram]
- [Photo: deemagicgurl / Instagram]
- [Photo: themockingjess / Instagram]
Everybody freak out: Starbucks has announced on Twitter that their holiday red cups are back. Every year the cups are released in early November, marking the beginning of crazed Starbucks fans' holiday season or, as some might call it on Twitter, "Capitalist Christmas." The presence of the cups (which have their own countdown website, Countdowntoredcups.com) also marks the beginning of Starbucks' holiday menu, which includes Toffee Nut Lattes, Eggnog Lattes, Praline Mochas, and Gingerbread Lattes.
This year's crops of cups are stylistically very similar to last year's, complete with winking snowman. Other designs on the cups include creepy carolers with no eyes and also a fox. Red cups are out in the UK as well; they appear to have the same designs as the ones in the US. Merry Christmas, caffeine freaks.
· @starbucks [Twitter]
· All Starbucks Coverage on Eater [-E-]