Today, all of the cities across the Eater universe are running One Year In interviews, in which they talk to chefs and owners on the first anniversary of their restaurant. Below, those who've somehow managed to survive that first year. Required reading for anyone who has ever had the crazy idea to open their own restaurant.
· New York: Mario Batali on the Past, Present, and Future of Eataly
· Washington, DC: Doug Povich on Red Hook Lobster Pound's First Year
· Miami: Ivette Naranjo On Cafeina's 1st Year in Wynwood
· Atlanta: Hugh Acheson and Ryan Smith Of Empire State South
· New Orleans: Jeffrey Carreras on the Year Since Opening Tracey's
· Chicago: Charlie McKenna on Lillie's Q's First Year
· Dallas: Anvil Pub: One Year In With The Bridges Family
· Houston: Latin Bites on Working with Family and Alison Cook
· Austin: Sam Raver of Wurst Tex on Snake Sausage and 'That Snap'
· Los Angeles: Jerry Baker on The Success and Future of Tinga
· San Francisco: Commonwealth Reflects on the Year That Was
· Portland: Little Big Burger's Micah Camden and Katie Poppe