clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Fatality Linked to Soda Fountain

Yet another way that eating at McDonald's can kill you: Authorities say carbon dioxide gas leaking out of a Golden Arches soda fountain in Georgia contributed to the death of an 80-year-old woman. The gas leaked into a nearby restroom, where two women were found unconscious; one of them later died at a nearby hospital. Carbon dioxide is usually harmless but "enough had escaped that it displaced air the women needed to breathe." [AP]