Stars of Early American Winemaking: Where Are They Now?
- Norton vines on the hang in Missouri. [Source: wine industry]
- The famed Concord bottling of Manischewitz, on the left.
- Roanoke Island's 400-year-old Scuppernong vine trained by the Englishmen that washed up there in the late 1500s.(Source: Southwynde.com)
- raise for the Scuppernong grape in the Pensicola, FL Gazette, 1878. The grape variety first cultivated in Florida by French Huguenot settlers in the 1500s.
- Virginia Dare, America's most purchased wine in the 1900s.
- Ohio's E & K Wine Co. Catawba label, mid 1800s. (Source: E & K Wine Company).
- Present day Catawba grapes.