Burger chain Carl's Jr. is taking a break from its usual ad campaigns featuring scantily clad ladies to debut a new spot starring a robot. This Pixar-esque fellow comes home from a long day of work and is dismayed to find he can't eat his much-anticipated chicken sandwich because he has no mouth. Wait: if he doesn't have a mouth, why'd he buy it in the first place? The tagline: "Machines can't eat it; machines shouldn't make it."
The company will also air a longer version of the ad. Here's the commercial, and a behind-the-scenes video on how the spot was made.
Video: Robot - Hand-Breaded Chicken Fillet Sandwich at Carl's Jr.
Video: Robot - Behind the Scenes
· Video: Robot - Hand-Breaded Chicken Fillet Sandwich at Carl's Jr. [YouTube]
· Video: Robot - Behind the Scenes [YouTube]
· First Look at New Carl's Jr. Sandwich and Commercial [LAT]
· All Robot Coverage on Eater [-E-]
· All Carl's Jr. Coverage on Eater [-E-]