clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Jose Garces on Kitchen Injuries

New, 1 comment

Jose-Garces-QL.jpgPhiladelphia mega-chef Jose Garces recalls the worst kitchen injury he's ever witnessed, which shockingly didn't involve any cutlery. Garces was employed at Chicago's touristy Signature Room, working with a large stock pot with spigots on the bottom. A spigot came loose "and poured hot stock on another cook's leg," causing third-degree burns. The Next Iron Chef victor says the memory still makes him jittery. [Food Republic]

Sign up for the Sign up for the Eater newsletter

The freshest news from the food world every day