Last night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, actor Nick Offerman and Jimmy Fallon ate the Ron Swanson Turkey Burger, a fried turkey leg inside a grilled hamburger.
Inspired by a recent episode of Parks and Recreation in which the character Ron Swanson had a different idea about what, exactly, a turkey burger was, last month during Burger Week we went ahead and made the beastly thing (with a recipe even).
Leaving the bone in the turkey leg (and in the burger) was somewhat of a contentious issue, but Offerman gets it: "The bone is still in there," he said. "It's a great source of fiber." The drink pairing? Scotch, of course.
Video: The Ron Swanson Turkey Burger on Fallon
Also, according to Offerman, he "showed up early to prepare the Ron Swanson Turkey Burger for everybody to see." And we have it on good authority that there's a making-of video on the way. Stay tuned!
· Nick Offerman (5/12/11) [Fallon]
· The Ron Swanson Turkey Burger: A Turkey Leg Inside a Grilled Hamburger [-E-]
· This Monster Burger Makes Its Late Night Debut Tonight [Fallon]
· All Jimmy Fallon Coverage on Eater [-E-]
· All Parks and Recreation Coverage on Eater [-E-]