Food writer Michael Pollan got sick of being the only one making up rules, we guess, so he held a contest to come up with three new ones for the next edition of his book, Food Rules. And he got over 4,000 responses! People really like rules. Anyway, the winners are:
· "Place a bouquet on the table and everything will taste twice as good." – Gisbert P. Auwaerter, Cutchogue, NY
· "Love your spices. They add richness and depth to food without salt." – Claire Cheney, Jamaica Plain, MA
· "When you eat real food, you don't need rules." – Mandy Gerth
That last one's kind of an anti-rule? The book comes out in November.
· Michael Pollan Picks 3 New Food Rules [Slow Food USA via LAT]
· All Michael Pollan Coverage on Eater [-E-]