- Sandra Lee, Emeril, and Rosanna Scotto welcomed the press to their bakesale benefitting the Food Bank of New York City.
- Sandra Lee presented a check for $25,000 to the Food Bank of New York City but anticipated raising a total of at least $50,000 with the aid of 30 NYC-based chefs and bakeries selling treats for the cause.
- New York City's Hill Country Chicken manned one of the 30 stands at Sandra Lee's World's Largest Bake Sale.
- Sandra Lee, Emeril, and Rosanna Scotto presented a check for $25,000 to the Food Bank of New York City but anticipated raising a total of at least $50,000 with the aid of 30 NYC-based chefs and bakeries selling treats for the cause.
- The Food Network friends joined forces to feed New Yorkers through the city's food bank.
- Food Network pals Sandra Lee and Emeril Lagasse
- Emeril takes a turn behind his own bakesale table.
- As part of a nation-wide effort comprised of 56 bake sales for local food banks, Sandra Lee sponsored the World's Largest Bake Sale in half of Grand Central Station's Vanderbilt Hall.
- Emeril's table advertised his latest book and offered miniature pecan pies.
New York's semi-first lady Sandra Lee brought some entirely-not-homemade goodies to New York City's Grand Central Terminal this morning for what was supposed to be the World's Largest Bake Sale. While the Food Network host was vying for the Guinness Record, it's just one of 56 bake sales taking place nationwide today to raise money for local food banks through Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale.
With the aid of fellow Food Network figure Emeril Lagasse and Good Day New York co-anchor Rosanna Scotto, Lee kickstarted the event by presenting a check for $25,000 to the Food Bank of New York City. The event is slated to raise at least $50,000 for the cause.
According to Lee, each dollar spent on the sale's sweet and savory baked goods would be translated into $4 in food for the city's hungry. Many of the city's notable restaurants occupied some of the 30 tables at the sale, including Colicchio and Sons, Del Posto, Gotham, and Gilt. Small bakeries like Butter Lane and Tonnie's Minis and treats-giants Magnolia Bakery and Junior's rounded out the lineup.
· All Sandra Lee Coverage on Eater [-E-]