The Top 26 "Whoa" Moments at the Fancy Food Show
- Vegan Seafood exists.
This booth was stocked with women in exceedingly tight dresses American market newcomer Olympus Greek yogurt.
- The flavored water trend, as exemplified by the packed SanTasti booth. These are palate cleaning waters, predominantly distributed at wineries right now.
- Organic Valley has just released the first soy coffee creamer in the world!
- The latest Greek yogurt product from Stonyfield Farms tastes like normal yogurt.
- Pop Chips took up four-booths-worth of major show real estate.
- Cookies and Corks offers cookie flavors created to pair with certain wines. They taste like cookies.
Jim Carrey endorses this Llanllyr water from Wales and they are "blowing through it" in Miami.
- Tobasco sauce has put out a chocolate product.
- Kale chips = so hot right now.
- Sir Kensington's "gourmet scooping ketchup" signals the trend in natural, healthier condiments. These guys were handing out temporary mustaches and tattoos, so that means their ketchup is cool too.
- Beanitos! Yes, really. These gluten-free chips are now available in two new flavors.
- Kari's Malva Pudding from Aptos, CA is an under-exposed delight.
- The hottest hot sauce at the fest, was by far New Jersey-based Blair's.
- Yes those "flowers" are cupcakes and they're obviously gluten-free.
- The latest from Jelly Belly: chocolate-covered jelly beans. More captivating: their furiously waving mascot. Cute and adorable? Or just plain annoying? We're still not sure.
- This is pesto-flavored (and colored) cheese from Prima Donna. Don't be fooled. It doesn't taste like pesto...or cheese!
- Serious yogurt business at the Fage booth, one of the largest at the show.
- Starry Night and the Mona Lisa, depicted in Jelly Belly jelly beans.
- Coconut water -- definitely a big trend -- and now you can make it from a powder with this new release from Blue Monkey.
- Chris Cosentino was running off with these mini finger limes from Shanley Farms by the handful.
- In ChocoLand dumping chocolate on yourself and eating shirtless is totally normal!
- Various soy products from Oakland-based Hodo Soy Beanery were surprisingly tasty.
- Omaha-based eCreamery offers pre-made flavorings for ice cream you make at home.
- Yup, hemp cheese.
- Crystal Light is still alive, and now in fakely sweetened candy form.