Vegas Uncork'd Presented by Bon Appétit is the world's most innovative culinary festival held in one of the most dynamic and important culinary destinations in the world. The festival features celebrity chefs such as Cat Cora, Bobby Flay, Wolfgang Puck, Charlie Palmer, Alain Ducasse, Guy Savoy, Joël Robuchon, and Paul Bartolotta, as well as the rising stars of the Las Vegas restaurant scene. Not to mention a weekend packed with delicious opportunities, and unique-to-Vegas experiences created exclusively for you by the editors of Bon Appétit. Intrigued? Check out the official website for all the details.
It's all going down May 6-9, 2010. Might you be interested in attending? Tickets can be purchased here. Or—now we're really getting somewhere—what if Eater and Vegas Uncork'd offered you the chance to win a trip to the festival including airfare, lodging, spa visits, tickets to a spectacular show, plus access to four exciting Vegas Uncork'd events? Is that something that might interest you?
In conjunction with Vegas Uncorked, we're giving away a gala trip to Vegas Uncorked. Here's the full prize rundown:
· 2 airline tickets
· Hotel room at Caesars Palace for three nights
· 2 tickets to the Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace’s Garden of the Gods Pool Collection — enjoy cuisine prepared by 50 of the world's top chefs paired with some of the world's best wine and spirits
· 2 tickets to Palazzo After Hours—Crushed: Wine That Rocks — party until the wee hours at this wine-and-music pairing event featuring viticulturist Joe Bastianich and his band Six Foot Nurse
· 2 tickets to Shinkansen to Shibuya at MGM Grand — MGM Grand is home to more certified sake sommeliers than anywhere else, so there’s no better place to immerse yourself in this night of Japanese urban culture featuring tastings of over 200 sakes, a sushi lounge, food stalls, teppanyaki stations and a Japanese DJ and go-go dancers
· 2 tickets to Wine Immersion Experience: A Master Sommelier's View on Organic Wine —Of the 100 Master Sommeliers in the country, a record four are at Bellagio. Join Jason Smith, Bellagio Director of Wine and Master Sommelier, as he guides you through the less?traveled road of organic wine
· 2 tickets to Le Rêve production show at Wynn Las Vegas
· 2 spa treatments at BATHHOUSE at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay
To win, all you need to do is complete the following quiz. (Hint: the Vegas Uncork'd website is your friend in this endeavor.) We'll draw one winner from among all the correct entries received. You've got until this Friday, April 9, to enter.
VEGAS UNCORK'D QUIZ CONTEST
To help you in your quest to unlock these answers, might we recommend perusing the websites of our partner resorts? These are Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Wynn/Encore, and The Venetian/The Palazzo. Now, to the questions:
1) Where does the Kobe beef come from on Le Cirque's Dégustation menu?
2) What is the name of private dining room at Guy Savoy?
3) What are the Wine Stewards called at Aureole that climb up the four-story wine tower?
4) What type of cuisine is served at Society Café?
5) What does the B&B stand for in B&B Ristorante?
6) Name the Vegas Uncork'd chef that has two fine dining restaurants at the MGM Grand?
TIEBREAKER: The winner will be selected from all those who answer all six questions correctly AND best completes the following tiebreaker: compose your best haiku about the Las Vegas dining experience. Noted Las Vegas restaurant writer John Curtas (EatingLV.com) will judge the haiku winner from all entries that answer the trivia questions correctly, and our favorites will appear here.
HOW TO ENTER: Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6:00pm Eastern, Friday, April 9. One entry per person, please. Winners will be announced here next Monday. Good luck!
THE FINE PRINT: All standard Curbed Network contest rules apply, with the following exceptions: Winner must be age 21 or older; prizes may not be redeemed for cash; prizes are non-transferable; prize may not be combined with other offers; Caesars Palace is not responsible for transportation, or non-hotel prize components; hotel guest will present valid credit card at check-in to guarantee non-room rate charges; classic hotel accommodations for winner and guest (double occupancy) for four days, three nights with arrival May 6, 2010, checkout May 9, 2010.