Teresa Giudice, the table-flipping star of Bravo's The Real Housewives of New Jersey, talked to Publishers Weekly about her new straight-to-paperback cookbook, Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy it - Live La Bella Vita and Look Great Too!. Things we learned:
· Costco is going to carry her cookbook.
· Her parents will be excited when they see it at Costco.
· Her husband makes her happy "once in a blue moon" by going to get Chinese food instead of Italian.
· She loves bellinis because they're "not fattening" and wants to try to bottle her own.
· She likes fish, but not tilapia anymore because she "heard they eat everything on the bottom."
And on the Amazon page, there's an "editorial review" from Publishers Weekly that is nice, but maybe not so nice:
Though she tries a little too hard to make everything salacious, gorgeous, and fabulous, useful tips abound (the section on olive oil is titled OO, VOO, EVOO, WTF?). Take away the overblown catch phrases and effusive references to her mama, The Sopranos, and the motherland, and you're left with a solid mid-week Italian cookbook.
Save the date: May 4th! Costco!