In this edition of The Five Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, Alan Richman and Michael White have a meatball throw down, Heston Blumenthal demonstrates his recipe for perfect french fries, Mario Batali makes several kinds of saltimbocca with the Today Show crew, and much, much more!
1) Alan Richman and Michael White Make Meatballs: The legendary GQ critic recently challenged the chef at NYC's beloved Marea to a meatball throwdown. In the clip below, White delivers an inspired traditional take on the dish, while Richman enthusiastically makes a "American-style semi-Jewish" version using his secret ingredient, Saltine crackers.
2) Food Wars Wing Challenge: The Travel Channel's second foray into competitive food programming, Food Wars, debuts tonight. Here's a clip from the premiere episode, based around rival Wing Joints Duff's and Anchor bar in Buffalo:
4) Blumenthal makes "Perfect" Chips: In this clip from the new season of In Search of Perfection, master chef (and kitchen scientist) Heston Blumenthal shows off his carefully researched recipe for perfect french fries. Yeah, Heston's version involves a lot of work, but it's all for a good cause:
4) Ripert Talks About What's Going on In The Le Bernardin These Days: Eric Ripert recently sat down with Aaron Katersky of ABC Radio to chat about renewing the lease at his fine dining palace Le Bernardin, and their plans to modernize the decor. Choice quote "I don't know if we can call Le Bernardin my temple, it is my house":
5) Mario Makes Saltimbocca With the Today Show Crew: A surprisingly svelte Mario Batali stopped by the Today Show this morning to prepare a variety of saltimbocca dishes with the morning show host. He also chatted a bit about his soon-to-open NYC Italian food center, Eataly: