In this edition of The Five Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, Richard Blais demonstrates the strange art of sous vide cooking on a morning TV, the Deen Family appears on the Today Show, Guy Fieri's life is recapped in two minutes, and much, much more!
1) New Food Wars Clip: The Travel Channel's new competitive food show, Food Wars debuts tomorrow night. Here's a clip from one of the premiere episodes, where Chicago Al's Beef will go head to head in a hoagie throwdown with their direct competitor Chicago Beef:
2) Richard Blais Demos The Home Sous Vide Machine: Former Top Cheffer (and Iron Chef vet) Richard Blais stopped by a Chicago-area morning show last week to show off his simple sous vide technique:
3) Guy Fieri Career Retrospective: America's #1 Kulinary Gangsta is poised on the brink of super stardom as host of NBC's Minute to Win It. Forbes Video Network just put together a handy two-and-a-half minute clip of Guy's greatest hits so far:
4) Promo For Château Restaurant de Joël Robuchon à Tokyo: Of the many, many restaurants that Joel Robuchon has across the world, one of his best—and most decorated—is the Chateau Restaurant in Tokyo. The fine dining palace just put together this food-porn-and-classical-music-heavy promo:
5) Paula and Her Sons Make Morning Cocktails: It is official Paula Deen Day here at Eater. The queen of Southern cooking and her two sons— who just announced a new magazine today — stopped by the fourth hour of the Today Show this morning to make some bloody marys with the always thirsty Hoda and Kathie Lee: