In this edition of The Five Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, Anthony Bourdain ventures into the scary world of food obsession, Marcus Samuelsson demos a recipe from his new hit cookbook, a supermodel shows off her chocolate cakes, and much, much more!
1) Tony Bourdain is Obsessed: Next week's episode of No Reservations looks like it may be the best so far this season. In the clip below, Tony examines food obsessives including his chef friends Eric Ripert and Jim Lahey, as well as few food bloggers. Tony even reveals his own dark culinary fixation: pork.[NSFW for scenes of butchery]:
2) Heston Explains his Tudor Feast: If you saw yesterday's insane video of Heston Blumenthal fusing a chicken with a pig for a historically themed dinner, you may have asked yourself: why would he do such a thing? In the clip below, Blumenthal explains the inspiration behind the batty dining event, and the British TV show about it, Heston's Tudor Feast:
3) Samuelsson Makes Lentils and Meatballs: The Swedish Wonder, Marcus Samuelsson, stopped by the Early Show this morning to prepare lentils and meatballs, one of the recipes from his hit cookbook, The New American Table:
4) Lidia Bastianich Makes a Simple Pasta: Behind the Burner went to Felidia in NYC to learn how to make one of the restaurant's signature dishes—Spaghetti alle Mele—with the matriarch of Italian cooking herself, Lidia Bastianich:
5) Sophie Dahl's Chocolate Cake: Former supermodel turned cookbook author Sophie Dahl stopped by the Today Show this morning to make some flowerless chocolate cakes. As Al notes, her grandfather— Charlie and the Chocolate Factory author Roald Dahl—would have loved the dish: