In this edition of The Five Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, Fergus Henderson talks about the legacy of his London restaurant St. Johns, Danny Meyer reveals the secret to operating a popular Manhattan restaurant after 25 years, Food Wars tackles the Juicy Lucy, and much, much more!
1) The Juicy Lucy Food Wars: This week's Food Wars focuses on the cheese-stuffed burger feud between Matt's Bar and the 5-8 club. The burgers squirt cheese when you bite into them!:
2) Heston Blumenthal's Mock Turtle Soup: Here's another clip from Heston's Victorian Feast, where the chef tries to recreate Victorian dinner party favorite, mock turtle soup. For his recipe, he hits up a butcher that has been around since the era:
3) Danny Meyer Talks Shop: New York City restaurant king Danny Meyer (he of the Shake Shack, the Gramercy Tavern, Eleven Madison Park, etc, etc.) stopped by Fox Business News recently to chat about the secrets to operating a successful eatery. In the clip below, it's particularly interesting to hear this thoughts on why his first restaurant, The Union Square Cafe, is still popular after 25 years.:
4) Fergus Henderson Reveals the Secret To St. Johns' Success: In the clip below, Hugely influential British Chef Heston Blumenthal chats about the unique model for the menu and design of his London destination-dining spot, St. Johns. The quality of the video's not great, but it's always cool to hear Fergus talk about his work at the restaurant:
5) The Today Show gets Arepa Fever: Michael Young from Valencia Restaurant In Norwalk, CT stopped by the Today Show this morning to show Natalie Morales how to make an easy version of that most delicious of Latin American delicacies, the Arepa: