In this edition of The Five Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, NYC restaurateur Zak Pelaccio shares the inspiration behind Fatty Crab, the Kogi truck gets rented out by an insurance company for the day, Brian Williams talks fried chicken, and much, much more!
1) Pelaccio Talks Fatty Crab Inspiration: NYC restauranteur Zak Pelaccio of Fatty Crab and the soon to open Fatty Cue in Brooklyn chats with The People Who Feed Us about the inspiration behinds his wildly successful Malaysian restaurants. Zak acknowledges that his food is not strictly traditional, but that his team works very hard to create a menu that pays proper respect to Malaysian cuisine:
2) Brian Williams Knows His Fried Chicken: For the most recent episode of Food Wars. Brian Williams shared his thoughts on the feud between Pittsburgh, Kansas fried chicken joints Chicken Annie's and Chicken Mary's. He lived in town for a while, so he knows a thing or two about both:
3) Insurance Company Kogi Party: What better way for a Los Angeles insurance company to reward its staff than by hiring out Roy Choi's Kogi BBQ truck for the day? That's what Allendale insurance did yesterday —here's a little video tribute they put together about the event, featuring the music of the Foo Fighters.
4) Gordon Ramsay Plugs the LA Marathon: In the clip below, chef and former marathoner Gordon Ramsay shares his thoughts on the most rewarding stretch of a 26-mile run:
5) Martha's St. Patty's Day Feast: Martha Stewart doesn't celebrate St. Patty's day with a green beer, she does it with a variety of fresh green veggies, of course. The queen of domesticity stopped by the Today Show this morning to show Meredith Viera how to prepare some holiday-themed greens: