In this edition of The Five Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, Guy Fieri makes his game show debut on The Price Is Right, Anthony Bourdain and Billy Murray enjoy a steak dinner, Tom Colicchio talks artisanal ingredients, and much, much, more!
1) Guy Fieri On The Price Is Right: While the debut of his own game show is still a few weeks away, Guy Fieri guested on The Price is Right this morning. In the clip below, Guy gets to introduce one of the show's signature kitchen showcases and give away a trip to the bay area and dinner at his restaurant there, Johnny Garlic's. Not surprisingly, the big fella seems perfectly at home on a game show set.
2) Anthony Bourdain and Bill Murray Share a Steak Dinner: In addition to getting teased by a little girl, next Monday's Hudson Valley episode of No Reservations features Tony having a meal with the one, the only, Bill Murray. In the clip below, Murray talks about his love of the Hudson Valley and his admiration for Bourdain's work on the show. They're two kindred spirits, all right:
3) Tom Colicchio Hangs Out in the WNYC Greenroom While waiting to record a segment on the Leonard Lopate Show earlier this week, Colicks took a minute to chat for the camera about the ways that chefs have begun to embrace artisanal ingredients over the last decade or so:
4) Barbacco on MarketWatch: The Wall Street Journal runs a video profile on the owners of San Francisco hot spot Perbacco, and their recently-opened second restaurant, Barbacco.
5) Themed Super Bowl Snacks On The Today Show: It's the week before the Super Bowl, so you know what that means -- lots of Morning show cooking segments where chef try and make dishes that pay homage to the two teams competing in the game. On the Today Show this morning, Edwin Bellanco, of Morrel wine bar in NYC, gave a worthy crack at the themed dish challenge, by making sliders for the Colts, and shrimp creole for The Saints. Adding a touch of class, he pairs both dishes with some very good wine: