- chelsea market after dark
- jacques torres is ridiculously attractive in person
- alton brown, at work
- alton brown pumpkin
- anne burrell
- anne burrell's amazing glitter disco tranny platforms
- alton brown, signing; note alton brown puppet (muppet?) in background
- Michael Proietti from Next Food Network Star Season 5, and friends
- dave martin of top chef s1 and friend
- obama pumpkin
- tongue diagram from good eats
- waffle man's utility belt from good eats
- e a t
- diagram from good eats
- good eats bar
- crowd waiting for turn with alton brown; diagram of how to make the good eats sock puppet in the background
- amy's bread
- people's pops
- people's pops: their concord grape shave-ice was delicious to be sure, but more of a slushy than a shave-ice.
- lobster pumpkin carving in action!
- the ladies from fat witch bakery
- vodka with led scrolling labels
- eleni's hand-iced sugar cookies
If you didn't fork out the $105 for last night's Food Network's 2010 Chelsea Market After Dark event, here's what you missed out on: an unlimited supply of both food and alcohol of varying degrees of quality and the chance to very briefly meet and have your photo taken with Sir Alton Brown himself, in a room filled with Good Eats props and memorabilia from the show's decade-long run.
Bless his heart, though Alton's looking rather alarmingly skinny these days, as far as we could make out he spent the entire night anchored in the same spot being exceedingly pleasant to every single person who stood in the long line for a meet and greet.
Other highlights of the evening: discovering Jacques Torres is a ridiculously attractive man in person, oysters at the Lobster Place, Buddakan's tuna tartare spring rolls, and Pure Food and Wine's pinot noir pepper tarts. Despite all the tables of delicious, generously-poured wine, the most deadly alcohol of the night turned out to be a tie between the limoncello and tequila.
And the awesome sartorial moment of the night definitely belonged to Anne Burrell, for her amazing glitter disco tranny platform heels that made us stop and stare, and then stare some more.