- Jacques Torres and Martha Stewart
- Baked: Martha Stewart faves, they've been on her show a lot. Worth a trip to Red Hook!
- martha stewart & fans: she's showing off the new martha stewart ipad app.
- florian bellanger & ludovic augendre of madmac: french pastry chefs who've worked at fauchon and pierre herme, their macarons are the real deal.
- not really cookies: they look more like brownies? bars? but were tasty, though i have no idea what they were.
- halloween cookie decorating: a bunch of martha stewart omnimedia employees were around demonstrating crafts.
- sartorial fail of the day: this middle-aged lady was otherwise normally dressed. i feel like martha would not have approved of these uggs.
- cookies from gramercy tavern
- hard to take photos because she was constantly surrounded by a crowd and half of them had their hands up with their own cameras and cellphones.
- jill & stella of glow gluten free cookies: mother and daughter that were diagnosed with celiac disease and started baking.
- amy of amy's bread, and son
- surprisingly, the only lady i saw wearing recognizably martha apparel.
We pity a) the fools who loves cookies but didn't pony up a paltry $40 for yesterday morning's Milk and Cookies event hosted by domestic goddess Martha Stewart at the New York Times Cafeteria, b) the fools who brought small children to a morning event with 18 different cookie stations, most of which had at least two different kinds of cookies, virtually ensuring a weekend-ruining sugar high, and c) the fools who actually ate breakfast before coming over. If you showed up sans little ones and with an empty belly, high five! Extra points if you remembered to bring a ziploc to sneak your giant cookie hoard home.
We ate so much we're not eating another cookie again until well into 2011, but the three we liked most and look forward most to eating again then are Baked's salt & pepper sandwich cookie, Mad Mac NYC's raspberry macaron and, yes, Martha Stewart's own glazed lemon cookies — made by peons in the Martha Stewart Omnimedia empire and not the lady herself, to be sure, but they were delicious.
· All Martha Stewart Coverage on Eater [-E-]
· All NYWFF Coverage [-E-]