Nominations are underway for the 2010 Shorty Awards, honoring excellence in the Twitter community over the past year. The second annual competition features 27 categories, with awards to be handed out at a ceremony in NYC at the end of March. Right now, the top five nominees in the category of food are, in descending order:
· @tylerflorence: The popular restauranteur and Food Network Star.
· @DavidArchie: American Idol Season 7 runner-up David Archuleta. Note: Not a food personality.
·@rickbayless: The Frontera Grill chef/owner and Top Chef Master.
· @foodimentary: The blog Foodimentary, who took home the big prize last year.
· @Ciaoflorentina:A Romanian born, Hollywood based Italian Food Blogger.
· @Gunsandtacos: The feed of a Houston based Gun and Taco Blogger.
Not satisfied with the list? Then by all means nominate your favorite food personality by sending a tweet via the Shorty Awards website, or by tweeting a nomination to @shortyawards. While there are a lot of people that probably deserve top honors above David Archuletta, eater HQ is somewhat partial to two day old rookie: @sausageyear.
· The Shorty Awards Website [Shortyawards.com]