In this edition of The Five Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, Gwyneth Paltrow makes a salad on her website, Ruth Reichl talks about the history of Gourmet covers, Lidia Bastianich shows off a killer meatloaf recipe, and much, much, more.
1) Gwyneth Paltrow Makes A Salad: As a part of her Goop website, Gwyneth Paltrow filmed a cooking segment with her chef friend, Lee Gross. In the video below, Lee does most of the cooking, Gwyneth mostly stands around looking malnourished. It’s hard to tell if this is a cooking demo or a cry for help -- this is what Gwyneth is eating everyone:
2) Ruth Reichl Talks Gourmet Covers: In this video from an event for non-profit group Zocalo earlier this week, Ruth Reichl talks about the concept behind the covers at Gourmet and what the spirit was like in the office up until the magazine folded last year. Former Gourmet staffers Jonathan Gold and Laurie Ochoa are also on hand:
3) Japanese McDonald’s Commercial: This new Japanese commercial for the McDonald’s “Texas Burger" features dudes in cowboy hats, some sweet Kenny Logins music, and a VW Bug in the shape of a McDonald’s:
4) Lidia Bastianich Makes A Simple Meatloaf: Lidia Bastianich stopped by the Early Show this week to make a simple Italian meatloaf. Her recipe is curiously filled with lots of cheese, and of course, she’s more than happy to cook for the two pregnant morning show hosts. What a dame:
Watch CBS News Videos Online
5) Bobby Flay’s Waffle Throw Down: On last night’s episode of Throw Down, Bobby challenged NYC’s beloved Wafels and Dinges truck. Here’s a clip of the results, most of which tend to skew pretty Flay-heavy [Via Grub Street]