In this edition of The 5 Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, David Chang and Peter Meehan get animated, Batali remembers his time in Italia, and much, much, more.
1) Kepler's Momofuku Book Trailer: A David Chang Fan made a trailer for The Momofuku Cookbook that blends clips of the Momofuku chef and co-author Peter Meehan arguing about authorship of the book, the music of Harry Nilsson and South-Park style stop animation to beautiful effect. Enjoy:
2) Batali Talks Italy: More of Batali's interview for PBS' Faces of America series. In this clip, he talks about the experiences that made him want to go to Italy to learn about Italian cooking from a closer perspective, and his experiences there:
3) Eric Ripert and Alan Richman Go To Costco: What better way to spend a lazy Saturday than with Le Bernardin chef Eric Ripert, and GQ food critic Alan Richman at a Costco in Weschester? That's the premise of the clip below, the first in Richman's fantasy T.V. program, "Avec Richman". Says Ripert of Costco, "In that store, nothing looks like it's coming from planet Earth."
4) Gordon Ramsay Shows You How To Cook a Steak: Don't know how to cook a steak? Let Gordo show you how! In this clip from the British edition of Cookalong Live, Ramsay shows you everything you need to know, in under two and a half minutes:
5) Michael Jordan Steakhouse Chef Prepares Beef Stew With Matt Lauer: Michael Vignola, the Exeutive Chef at NYC's Michael Jordan's Steakhouse stopped by The Today Show this morning to show Matt Lauer how to cook a solid forty minute beef stew. Good recipe, nice demo: