In this special holiday edition of The 5 Food And Dining Videos That You Need To Watch Today, Guy Fieri travels north for the winter, Jose Andres makes merry with Craig Ferguson, Paula Deen overdoses on yuletide cheer, and much, much more.
1) Guy Fieri Goes To The North Pole: Guy Fieri and Santa Claus have a lot in common--funny facial hair, "bowls full of jelly", a knack for traveling the world making dreams come true -- so, it only makes sense that Guy would head up to the North Pole for an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. No, not that north pole, but rather North Pole Alaska, where our hero samples some of the town's Christmas specialities, including a reindeer-sausage hoagie.
2) Jose Andres On Craig Ferguson: Spanish Culinary Master Jose Andres stopped by the Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson last night to make orange soda. You put one of the most jovial -- and talented-- chefs around on stage with the always hilarious Ferguson, and you got some great T.V.:
3) The Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live Christmas Special: Yet another reason why the British version of Cookalong: Live is better than the American version: in the Christmas episode, Gordo cooksalong -- and trades plenty of sexual inuendos-- with hilarious British fashion personality Gok Wan [NSFW]:
4) Paula Deen Goes Nuts On The Iron Chef Christmas Special: In this collection of the best Paula bits from 2007's holiday themed episode of Iron Chef, the combination of ass-grabbing elves, Kitchen Stadium's Christmas decorations, and pounds and pounds of butter seem to have an almost narcotic effect on the Food Network star:
5) Vintage Martha Makes A Gingerbread House With Ms. Piggy: In this clip of a Clinton-era Martha Stewart making a gingerbread house with Ms. Piggy, it's almost creepy how Martha seems so at ease with her Muppet co-star. This was clearly where Martha learned her way around a wacky cooking segment, a skill she would later employ alongside guests like Snoop Dog and Jimmy Fallon:
Bonus Video: Jamie Oliver's Christmas Vegetable Commercial: Saving the world and dressing up like the Village People are all good and fun, but even Jamie Oliver knows a man's gotta get paid. That can be the only explanation for this commercial for British Supermarket chain Sainsbury's, in which Oliver cooks winter vegetables on a village green full of town folk in christmas garb: